Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend update

I will be officially halfway through the month in less than three minutes. Here is what I've earned so far.

Divorce articles: $52
Private copywriting jobs: $235.26
Elance: $135-$10 for monthly membership = $125
ChaCha: $12.70
Google Ads: $4.98
Suite 101: $1.14
Other blog and website advertising: $35.30
Total: $466.38

Yikes! I'm over 500 behind. Here's how I plan to catch up this week:

I have two more divorce articles to write (easy money, plus they're fun in a warped way). I have put in five bids on eLance and hopefully I'll get one or two. I have a decent source of low paying copywriting jobs that has been my 'fill in' work, but the pay is so abysmal and the topics so random that I try to avoid it unless necessary.

My husband is going away for the next two weeks, so I won't feel pressured to keep normal hours. Therefore, I am setting my daily goal at a lofty $150 per day.

I also plan to send out queries for 'real' writing jobs--you know, the kind where the printed word actually gets printed.

Happy writing!

No comments: